Frequently Asked Questions for Our Residents

We are dedicated to serving HOA Boards and communities throughout the Houston Area. To help our residents understand our role as an HOA management company, we’ve compiled a list of common questions and answers.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I have to pay Association Fees and what do they cover?

All owners are required to pay Association Fees through an HOA management company as mandated by their Association’s governing documents. These fees, which may be due annually or monthly, fund the operation and maintenance of common property and provide services that benefit all owners. Association Fees cover expenses like common area landscape maintenance, repair and maintenance of pools, playgrounds and equipment, and improvements desired by the Association.

What does the Association do?

The Association is a nonprofit corporation managed by a Board of Directors elected by the owners. The Board is responsible for managing the Association’s funds, enforcing deed restrictions, and maintaining common area property.

What is a "managing agent" and what is their authority?

The HOA management company or agent is a company engaged by the Board of Directors to provide guidance and implement the Board’s decisions or instructions. The managing agent has no authority except as conferred by the Board of Directors and is responsible for implementing the Board’s decisions.

What are the Governing Documents?

The “Governing Documents” for your association include the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (or Declaration of Condominium), as well as any Rules and Regulations, Resolutions, or guidelines established by your association.

Where can I get a copy of the Governing Documents?

You should have received a full copy at, or prior to, closing on your home. If you need another set, it is available through your association and/or its managing agent. Your Governing Documents are recorded instruments and can also be obtained through the County in which your Association is located.

What is a deed restriction and why do I have to comply?

Deed restrictions are part of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (or Declaration of Condominium) that you agreed to when you purchased your home. By agreeing to these documents, you committed to maintaining certain standards of upkeep and behavior to make the community as attractive as possible and maintain or enhance property values.

What do the Association fees cover?

Your Association’s fees or “assessments” pay for the maintenance, repair, and administration of the common areas and facilities. These can include pools, tennis courts, recreational facilities, street lights, greenbelts, and building structures in the case of condominium associations.

What is the "common area"?

The common area is the land designated for use and enjoyment by the members of the Association. This includes facilities like pools and playgrounds in single-family communities and hallways, exercise facilities, and building structures in condominiums.

Where can I pay my assessments and access my account information?

You can visit our web-based resident portal that integrates with our management software, providing real-time account information, increased communication, and easy access to submit requests. Select the “Your Account Login” at the top right of our website to access your account and register your email address to receive notifications of interest.

Why do I have to get the Association's permission for home improvement?

Obtaining the Association’s approval for home improvements helps ensure that your intended improvement meets your community’s standards as set forth in the Governing Documents, and avoids conflicts with other improvements

Request A Quote

Every community is unique, and so are its needs. Fill out our form, and one of our expert team members will reach out to discuss a tailored solution for your community.